Velar Sales below expectations? - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Velar Sales below expectations?

I think issue is perceived Value of the car, same price as the Sport is not good.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...cy-admits-boss
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 10:40 AM

From what I've seen online, many people who went to test drive we're fairly underwhelmed with the Velar. Whether or not thats the result of being current Sport owners is unknown. It looks like a pretty small percentage of those currently driving the Evoque, have any interest in trading up the Velar. Perhaps Range Rover needed to do a little more to give greater distinction to the various Rover models.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 04:20 PM

Some of sales I think has to do with image and later this year we will finally get a look at the Velar SVR, that might sales elsewhere as people see more of what the Velar is capable of. However I think that if sales remain consistent enough over a typical year of sales then it won't be much of an issue. Sometimes with vehicles like this its a slow crawl toward decent sales.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

I was also underwhelmed in my test drive, the problem the Velar is very poor value, cramped at the back and RR Sport money which now has the dual screens. JLR miscalculated here.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 01:49 PM

I think RR has made the mistake of taking the same approach to crossovers as Jeep; strength in numbers. With Jeep at least there is a bigger variety from one to another, all serving a different purpose. Meanwhile the changes from one Rover to the next seems to be rather insignificant minus the differences in interior.

Range Rover Velar vs. Sport

This link has slider pictures that allow you see exactly how the Velar compares to the Sport in terms of styling. I think they needed to do a little more to differentiate them.

Last edited by Downrange; 01-30-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page