New to LL - 2018 P250 - sensor recall/door handle - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

New to LL - 2018 P250 - sensor recall/door handle

Hey all,

I'm new to the site and this is my first experience with Land Rover. I came over from Lexus and fell in love with the Velar.

In July 2018 I decided to lease a P250 Velar, it looks just like the one in the pictures on the top of this forum. I got a 15k a year lease and have gone over the miles badly. I love the car and have decided to buy it but I am a little worried about the repairs on this thing. I have 60k miles so although it is a lease, The car is out of warranty. Like clock work my check engine light went on last week. Also my front door handle stopped responding consistently to me. Sometimes it opens and other times it doesn't. I brought it into the dealer and there was a recall on the check engine light issues. Was a faulty sensor (THANK GOD). That was replaced and they also did an update. The service department told me I needed to replace the handle so they had to special order it for me. When I left the dealership, my handle started working fine.

I called the dealership back and told them the handle is working now and I would like to hold off. Now they are saying they still need to charge me a 25% restocking fee $78 AND they want to charge me the $180 diagnostic fee! Are you kidding me? Charge me a fee for improperly diagnosing my car LOL.

Anyway I was wondering your guys thoughts on this. Also how do you guys feel about extended warranties? I was looking into car shield which is like a monthly warranty insurance.

- John

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page