Android bluetooth sound quality - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Question Android bluetooth sound quality

Hi, Just curious and am fairly certain I can't be the only one with this issue. Bluetooth connects no problem. I can make and receive calls. The issue is any caller on the other end complains that I sound like I'm in a fishbowl and I end up having to hang up, disconnect cars bluetooth and call back. I have already had the car into service to fix that and a minor issue with the sunroof (fixed). They said the bluetooth problem was fixed. It was not. I have resorted to using my bluetooth earpiece and disconnecting from the car completely. This is very frustrating considering this is a 2018 car! I have a Samsung Note 8 with android 8.0 software. This phones works in every other car I have driven, even the rental Discovery I drove while the Velar was in service. When I looked my phone connectivity; Range Rover has listed Android version 7.1.1. Im guessing this means the car is behind in software versions? Has anyone found a solution to this or have this problem? Any input would be appreciated.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 06:53 AM

Bluetooth issue

Just purchased a new 380 and having the same issue with my Note 8. Itís not all calls, hit and miss. I was told that all software was up to date when I took delivery last week. I will be double checking this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Question Still have to keep bluetooth disconnected

I will be calling the service department today to address the issue again. Its hard to believe a common new model phone is not compatible. The quality on my end is great. However everyone I talk to says it sounds like i'm in a fish bowl. Since I have to disconnect my phone so calls dont come through the vehicle, that also means I am not able to use the bluetooth for music either. Right now I have had to resort to using my plantronics earpiece in the car to connect to calls. I will have to insist Range Rover service look into this further to find a solution. Very annoying and inconvenient and unacceptable! I would love to know if others have the same phone and either the same problem or no problem at all.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 07:28 PM

JLR has a lot on their plate. The upcoming Evoque absolutely cannot have these issues due to the younger and broader demographic that will easily give it pass for something else.
Too bad in this new era of JLR, the Velar is suffering too many growing pains. Anyone try reaching out to JLR Corporate and not just the dealers?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page