Range Rover Velar Forum - View Single Post - Steering wheel Audio/phone/voice controls + Menu not functioning with a cold engine
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
acordea

Garage
Hi All
Picked up my vehicle this morning.
The following were performed to address all described issues:
1. For loss of left side steering wheel controls in very cold weather - Replaced Steering wheel switches - initially I was told this is going to be fixed by a software upgrade, but they actually performed a hardware replacement and a complete software reload since JLR just released the latest software (v 4.0 - at least in Canada) late last week.
I will monitor if this issue will reoccur since it always acted up at cold temperatures. When I picked up the vehicle, the temps inside JLR holding area were above 15 Celsius
2. Gearbox Fault warning and vehicle got stuck in the 3rd gear till a new reset occurred - JLR performed a software update (to the latest revision available) on transmission control module software, as mine was OUT OF DATE (as per the Invoice)
3. Touch Pro Duo issues - as per JLR, version 4.0 will take care of these issues

I will give it a few days and will come back with a full update when I have more results. Hoping for some very cold weather now so I can test the fix

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome