Velar Trailer Hitch - Page 2 - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb View Post
Sure. Here is a wide shot. One of the wire connection swung up and hidden, and then one with the wire connection swung down and ready for use.

The hitch is very low profile .

Although I tried to short cut the dealer hitch and save money,, in the long run , I'm pleased that I was forced back to a dealer hitch and wiring.

If you need better pics, let me know.
Very nice! I was looking at the bottom of the Velar, and I can't see where it would mount... I was wondering if we have to remove the center painted piece, but it looks like it drops below it?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:53 PM
jkb

Yes I believe that piece is removed and possibly replace with a new insert that accommodates the exposure for the hitch. It still sits low on the frame.

I had to flip the receiver because it is so low . Instead of the drop receiver, position , when flipped, it's a rise now.
This puts the ball in the typical 21 inch height.

This gives the trailer tongue a reasonable ground clearance space as it exits a boat ramp and also allows the trailer to sit level instead of a downward slope toward the hitch.

Reese hitches says it makes no difference if it's used in the rise or drop positions.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 02:29 PM

Just had Hitch installed on my 2018 P380. Took it to Uhaul for the install. Their hitch replaces the metal support in the rear bumper. The receiver is located behind the center tow hook cover. It just has 3 1/4 turn bolts and it comes off easy to expose hitch. Otherwise it cant be seen. I paid $432 installed with wiring as well. I left it there and told them to take their time !! The general manager did the install, not sure if that is a good or bad thing When I picked it up , looked perfect!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 10:05 AM
jkb

Very nice. Glad your happy with it. When I asked about install at uhaul , they said most luxury autos have a proprietary right to their wire connectors and so the aftermarket wire harness have to be sliced into the wires by the tail light. Is that how they did yours or do they have "plug" type now?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page