My First Car (and post) - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Talking My First Car (and post)

Hi everyone!

I am very happy and excited to be apart of this forum, I hope to learn from everyone whilst being insightful whenever I can.

Currently, I've fallen in love with the RR Velar, perfect size, perfect specs, amazing performance dynamically, as well as being convenient with it's features and driver aids.

I am a very fortunate person, and will have the opportunity to possible call the RR Velar my first car.

I actually have some questions after studying the car for a few weeks;

1. Is the reliability REALLY as bad as the stereotypes? I love this car, but feel pushed to a Macan or Cayenne because of the reliability. I believe from reading it's really a 50/50 chance that I get a good car with few issues in the infotainment or mechanically.

2. How is the driving in the cit/tight areas? I read that it has proportions of the F Pace and GLC, but also read that the turning circle and relative "space" needed to drive the car comfortably is quite large.

3. How much of a difference does the rear diff lock option make? It is a cool, but expensive option here in Canada.

4. Is the rear seat entertainment any good? Worth the $3k asking price?

5. How comfortable is the rear seats? How far is the electric recline? Legroom an issue for people around 6 feet?

6. Is towing capability as smooth and simple as claimed? It seems to be without the low-range gears (like in the RR sport), but with some neat towing features as part of a towing package.

That is almost all of my questions, new ones keep popping up whenever I look at the car more, I did have a chance to go into a showroom and check it out, but don't recall asking these questions or checking it out when I browsed. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the spam, and Thanks all!

RR Lover, Future Owner!
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 04:07 PM

First off, welcome to the forum! Glad to have another engaged member on here. Most of the issues in regards to JLR's reliability are from the past, and rarely do we see any significant problems in their newer vehicles. As new vehicles have become increasingly electronic, infotainment/software issues are going to be found in any new vehicle regardless of brand. For your drivability/cabin concerns you should have a look at Carwows review in this thread
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 03:18 PM

If you're okay with the idea of getting a tune done sometime down the road, then I wouldn't worry much about towing. At the end of the day not many SUV's are like what RR produces and the tuning culture helps to push that further.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page