Considering Velar as first RR or SUV - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Considering Velar as first RR or SUV

The Velar design inside and out is striking and the right size with technology at all levels that is impressive, well maybe the steering wheel controls could be better, but overall a bold and thoughtful execution.

Have avoided SUV's, even Macan, as I prefer to sit closer to the road, but the Velar is better than I expected dynamically and the seating position works well. Have not owned a RR and have assumed that build quality, reliability and durability are much better than earlier model years. My experience owning launch or early editions of new models suggests that I wait until the new model has been out for at least six months to correct early build problems, although I am not sure that there have been any notable problems with Velar.

The design is Zen enough not to attract unwanted attention on the road, which has become a major factor in my car ownership decisions.

Various Porsches, BMWs Audis and AMGs (not always owned at the same time)
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 03:50 PM

Hey there!

My story is almost the same. I've been driving sedans for all my life, however, the first look at the new Velar immediately change my mind about SUVs, firstly because of its interior design. It's just gorgeous...
Can wait to sit inside this car to make sure that I'm not wrong.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 09:52 PM

Once you go from a sedan to an SUV, you can't go back. just the sheer amount of space and how high you sit, it'll be hard to switch back unless it's a sportscar. Welcome to the forum@
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 05:47 AM

Last sedan I had was a 2009 E60 Bmw 5 series, cannot go back, the seating position and clearance too important for me now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page