Toxic climate inside my car - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-08-2021, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

Question Toxic climate inside my car

Hi,

I bought a 2018 Velar HSE 300D a month ago from a Land Rover dealership in Norway. The car has 47 000 km and looks excellent and is suppost to be in mint condition. Actually, it looks exactly like the pictures on top the forum. As part of the purchase the dealer also included a ceramic protection of the metallic paint. All this good.

The problem was the inside smell. The car had been "professionally" cleaned inside, but is still smelled of vinegar. The first thing I did was to replace the cabin filter and had my own detailing shop do a new inside cleanup. The strange thing is that it still seems like there are some chemicals causing the inside climate to be very aggressive. I see this on aluminium details like the protection plate under the back door, and especially small steel details that corrode heavily. I stored a Thule bike stand in the car for a few days and is immediately started corroding.

Anyone experienced anything like this? Can it all come from chemicals used to clean carpets or is there a leak causing high humidity? I tried to talk with the dealer, but they could not help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7421.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	397.2 KB
ID:	319   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7414.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	361.1 KB
ID:	321  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page