Range Rover Velar vs. The Competition - Page 2 - Range Rover Velar Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velarizm View Post
The New X3 M40i also an interesting proposition..
this is my final shortlist with the Velar, though Velar is whats tagging me, the M40i will be a stunning performance. Drove Macan when it came out, just too small and chose the X4 instead for the performance and handling difference was marginal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektrapops View Post
Sinn, I own a F-Pace R-Sport and it's stunning. Extremely fast, quiet interior, I love the In-Control screens, it's Jag sound, the SUV comfort, and it can dig itself out of a ditch, however, on a long run (600miles) it does let you know that it's a sports car and needs constant 'handling' (having said that I am running on 22"/P-Zeros)
My thinking is the Velar (which uses the Pace platform) will give me just that slightly easier handling. But as for pricing, my F-P was fully loaded at $74 (pre-state tax) and the Velar starts at $90k+?
Went to see it, but decided not to drive it. My only challenge was the build quality and the cheap plastic everywhere more than my X4 and i need more luxury, otherwise it looks stunning. My lightly optioned Velar is currently at $65k and hoping JLR have improved its perceived reliability but am for the first time willing to take the risk.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
this is my final shortlist with the Velar, though Velar is whats tagging me, the M40i will be a stunning performance. Drove Macan when it came out, just too small and chose the X4 instead for the performance and handling difference was marginal.

Went to see it, but decided not to drive it. My only challenge was the build quality and the cheap plastic everywhere more than my X4 and i need more luxury, otherwise it looks stunning. My lightly optioned Velar is currently at $65k and hoping JLR have improved its perceived reliability but am for the first time willing to take the risk.
You must be sooo interesting. To have determined "build quality" without even driving the vehicle. You hadn't needed to ascertain chasis flex/rigidity, nor squeaks and rattles nor ride vs handling nor a thousand other variable.... Every auto-rag should certainly hire you for their feature analyses. But, surely, you need "more luxury".

If people like you are attracted to the Velar, do I want to be a member of that club?
audemar4play likes this.

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-08-2017 at 11:19 PM.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
You must be sooo interesting. To have determined "build quality" without even driving the vehicle. You hadn't needed to ascertain chasis flex/rigidity, nor squeaks and rattles nor ride vs handling nor a thousand other variable.... Every auto-rag should certainly hire you for their feature analyses. But, surely, you need "more luxury".

If people like you are attracted to the Velar, do I want to be a member of that club?
Itís no secret about reliability of JLR products, itís not rocket science. Each to his own.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Itís no secret about reliability of JLR products, itís not rocket science. Each to his own.
That was not at all my point. It was your attitude. And perceived "knowledge" based upon nothing.
audemar4play likes this.

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-08-2017 at 11:36 PM.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
That was not at all my point. It was your attitude. And perceived "knowledge" based upon nothing.
guess its my knowledge of nothing, i don't have to please you.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 05:04 PM

zznalg does have a point though because when we're at this vital point of the Velar, speculation isn't exactly what we should get into but instead facts that are before us. Plus, already there are a lot of other things about the Velar known right now that can be talked about.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audemar4play View Post
zznalg does have a point though because when we're at this vital point of the Velar, speculation isn't exactly what we should get into but instead facts that are before us. Plus, already there are a lot of other things about the Velar known right now that can be talked about.
My comments remain the same on the Fpace, and build quality issues are in the forums to see. I will get to drive the Velar later in the month and will make my call and yes there are so many other things to talk about the Velar.
audemar4play likes this.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 03:44 PM

Yeah that's worth mentioning but with a new vehicle comes some slightly different expectations if you factor all that goes into making vehicle A vs vehicle B. As much as I would like to say for myself what the outcome might be I rather reserve that for when the time comes.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 07:25 PM

From car and driver tests when they pitched the Velar vs the rest. (More charts in the review) The M40i looks promising!

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...h-model-review
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2A625461-9B57-48BE-B8B1-7084710A7000.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	211  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 03:53 AM

Quote:
From car and driver tests when they pitched the Velar vs the rest. (More charts in the review) The M40i looks promising!

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...h-model-review
Its also a next generation model that was introduced recently so if you want the latest that BMW has to offer in an X3, this is the time. But the design is the complete opposite of what the Velar is about, a rare switch for someone to make. Macan or Mercedes GLC/GLE is more like it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page