Startech Range Rover Velar To Debut In Geneva - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Startech Range Rover Velar To Debut In Geneva

Land Roverís new SUV seems to be a hit with aftermarket tuners and the latest company to debut a modified Range Rover Velar is Startech. A German tuner that specializes in refining Bentley and JLR vehicles, they plan to debut a widebody Velar at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show.

Assuming Startech has equipped the show bound Velar with most of whatís offered on their site, then we can expect to see a new bumper gracing the SUVís front. Featuring an integrated spoiler, larger air intakes and integrated daytime running lights, it is compatible with both the factory bodywork and the optional 14 piece widebody kit. Said body kit will add 60 millimeters to the Velarís overall width.

At the rear is an insert designed to replace the factory center panel. Giving off a diffuser look, it also includes integrated exhaust embellishers that is meant to be combined with the production exhaust.
Completing the exterior upgrade is a ride height lowering system, which can lower the car by 30 mm (1.18 in) while on the move provided that your velar is already equipped with air suspension from factory, and larger wheel arches housing black 22-inch Startech Monostar M wheels.

Show goers will be able to see the Startech Range Rover Velar live when it debuts next week at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 07:05 PM

Not a fan of what they did because I think it could have looked much cleaner but that's just me. If there's anything a vehicle like this can use its going to be sleeker and subtle styling.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 04:52 AM

Looking at what other body kit makers do I wish that Startech did something about the grille. Sometimes the little things go a long way and here the grille is exactly that. Even just changing the factory grille alone can make a big difference.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 01:19 PM

So is this being shown to advertise a kit/package that they will be offering? Or is it merely just a marketing piece to show off all of their products? Have to say that the wider body looks great on the Velar, though 14 pieces seems like a little bit of overkill.
post #5 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 12:50 PM

So since I can see myself justifying the purchase of some crazy styling kit and that i'm not completely content with what Startech has done here, i found a great example of what i'm looking for from Lumma:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page