ICTP Navigation - POS - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
ICTP Navigation - POS

Anyone else finding the ICTP Navigation system to be a complete waste of time? I've used the navigation maybe 5 times since I purchased the Velar 4 months ago, and each time I've used it I've had problems. Either it wants me to drive around the same block multiple times, or it tries to send me off in a direction completely opposite from where I want to go. It has quickly become the most useless "feature" of the Velar.

I'm sincerely hoping the rumors are true about the inevitable release of CarPlay to ICTP that permits the addition of Waze. The version currently installed on ICTP is junk, IMHO.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 12:11 PM

Its pretty ridiculous that navigation is such a problem on a premium model like this. Not sure if its something JLR could address with a software patch, but it seems to be a fairly common complaint. All new cars should be coming with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay compatibility.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downrange View Post
Its pretty ridiculous that navigation is such a problem on a premium model like this. Not sure if its something JLR could address with a software patch, but it seems to be a fairly common complaint. All new cars should be coming with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay compatibility.
Absolutely agree! I anxiously look for news about CarPlay being introduced every day. The Infotainment System in a vehicle costing this much is a joke.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 11:34 AM

The main android site has it listed as coming soon to Land Rover vehicles, but I don't see why this wasn't implemented from the beginning of a new product launch. Not quite sure how they plan on integrating it properly after the fact.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
The main android site has it listed as coming soon to Land Rover vehicles, but I don't see why this wasn't implemented from the beginning of a new product launch. Not quite sure how they plan on integrating it properly after the fact.
Agreed. Unfortunately, we haven't heard anything other than the very vague, "coming soon". I owned a Jaguar before the Velar, so I'm beginning to think "coming soon" means "not in your lifetime."

I hope I'm wrong. The current "infotainment in a vehicle at this price is ridiculous. I would never recommend the Velar without warning a potential buyer that the ICTP is worthless -- buyer beware.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 11:23 PM

I think JLR needs to expand. Having more brands under it might help in bringing higher end products like this to market. FCA is a good example and even their premium brands are benefiting from the infrastructure.

Partnering up with Chinese brands is the next big thing, maybe they'll save JLR?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by audemar4play View Post
I think JLR needs to expand. Having more brands under it might help in bringing higher end products like this to market. FCA is a good example and even their premium brands are benefiting from the infrastructure.

Partnering up with Chinese brands is the next big thing, maybe they'll save JLR?
Bringing more brands could help, or could hurt. I'm not convinced they can perfect the brands they already have. I still find it amazing that a company with the resources of TaTa can't produce a working Infotainment system. I'm sure it's more complicated than I realize, but rolling out CarPlay to replace their junk seems easy-peezy.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 11:35 AM

Well we know that JLR is currently developing a PHEV variant of the Evoque and they also have some new Ingenium 6 engines in the works. Personally I think it was just an oversight not to update the tech with the debut of a new model. Not sure if this was done as a cost saving measure, but I can't imagine it would've been that expensive to place.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 12:32 PM

Fortunately there are models from JLR like the new I-Pace that got revamped inside and out, sharing some features with the Velar.
We've only seen it in prototype form but rumors suggest its every bit like the upcoming production version.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page