InControl SIM Card not displaying carrier information - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
InControl SIM Card not displaying carrier information

I received my new Velar 5 days ago.
From the first day, the SIM card had issues being recognized by the InControl app. I would like to use the extra features that are given by a LIVE connection to see if it is worth continuing the plan after the 3 month trial period.

When I enable the Mobile Settings, and I Agree to the Terms and Conditions, it takes me to the next screen where, as per the manual I should be able to see the phone carrier network information. In my case, it is always blank. The settings are in AUTO so it should pick that info for me. If I set it to Manual, I do not see anything either. All the drop down lists in the menu are blank.
If I go back one stet, I see again "Reading SIM" card message. It could take 2-3 minutes (sometimes more) to get the Terms and Conditions screen again. In some cases I had to pop out the SIM and put it back in order for the system to even be able to read it.

Called AT&T and they confirmed that my SIM card is active. As a matter of fact, when I log in to my AT&T account on the WEB, I see that I have all my data intact.

Has anyone else experienced this?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 12:34 PM

Hope this doesn't come off as rude, but is the Sim card inserted all the way in? Sounds like the system is having problems reading the card for some odd reason and I know there's a problem with the Range Rover discovery where the sim needs to go really far into the socket, deeper than what your finger pad is capable of. Maybe the Velar has the same problem.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Not rude at all .

When I picked up the Velar, the SIM card was not inserted all the way in. But I pushed in till it clicked.
It turned out to be a defective SIM card. The dealer wanted the car in their shop to keep it for a day and to investigate. Instead, I purchased a Chatrmobile SIM card, much cheaper and more cost effective than the AT&T card. This new SIM card worked right away and I will never go back to use AT&T. Not worth it.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acordea View Post
Not rude at all .

When I picked up the Velar, the SIM card was not inserted all the way in. But I pushed in till it clicked.
It turned out to be a defective SIM card. The dealer wanted the car in their shop to keep it for a day and to investigate. Instead, I purchased a Chatrmobile SIM card, much cheaper and more cost effective than the AT&T card. This new SIM card worked right away and I will never go back to use AT&T. Not worth it.
Not the first time I have heard of problem with AT&T!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 01:12 PM

I have exactly the same issue. Called AT&T and made sure SIM card was inserted correctly, restarted the vehicle and nothing worked.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page