Velar Full of Tech - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Velar Full of Tech

Like this comes at any surprise, but the Range Rover Velar is a very high tech piece of machine. Below are some of the things highlighted on Range Rovers website for the Velar.

Quote:
Touch Pro Dual

Touch Pro Duo, our new standard dual Touchscreen system, allows the user to simultaneously view and interact with multiple features at once. This gives the flexibility to use the system more efficiently, while viewing all of the information required. For instance, you can use the navigation system in the upper screen while playing media on the lower screen.

Quote:
STEERING WHEEL

The unique, hidden until-lit switches on the steering wheel reduce the number of controls within the cabin. These capacitive switches accomplish a host of functions that you want the vehicle to perform. More regularly used features such as media and phone can now be fully operated from the new steering wheel controls in combination with the Interactive Driver Display helping to reduced driver distraction.

Quote:
INTERACTIVE DRIVER DISPLAY

With its ultra sharp resolution delivering smooth curves and sharp edges, this system features an optional high-definition 12.3” Interactive Driver Display. You can interact directly with the display and can control your media, make and receive phone calls and select features to populate your chosen view. You are able to choose from three different views: Dual Dial, Single Dial or Extended.

Quote:
REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT

This optional system features two 8” screens in the headrests and can play movies and TV channels including digital. Each screen is controlled independently. The system has two USB 3.0 ports, two HDMI that supports most smartphones, tablets or other devices. Two sets of WhiteFire® connected headphones and wireless remote are also provided.

Quote:
INCONTROL REMOTE

Remote is a multi-function app that allows you to monitor, as well as interact with the Range Rover Velar from your smartphone or smart watch*. Remotely start the engine to pre-condition the climate, lock and unlock the vehicle, locate your Range Rover Velar on a map or by using the beep and flash function, and track your journeys – all via the app.

Quote:
INCONTROL CONNECTIVITY

InControl features extend Range Rover Velar connectivity and infotainment, providing Navigation Pro with Pro Services and a 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot, giving you and your passengers the very highest level in connectivity and convenience. The optional Smartphone Package makes screensharing easier with InControl Apps.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 07:03 PM

The touch features on the steering wheel and lower screen will take some getting used to as there's no feedback for you pressing on them. You'll need to make cahnges by sight before it becomes second nature.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

It's definitely really different compared to what's on the market now and the conventional systems we've all grown to be used to but it's a good different I think. After the first week or so we should be able to adjust to it and it shouldn't be much of an issue. Definitely a great wow affect for your passengers as well.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 11:37 AM

I like some of the InControl features, but the Wi-fi hotspot seems useless to me since I just use my phone as one and I have unlimited data. Using that as a hotspot seems like a better solution than the Velar.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

You'll be better off utilizing the data on your phone indeed. One less monthly bill as well and at the end of the day, everyone likes saving money haha. Are you with one of those carriers where your data speed cuts down after you hit a certain amount of usage?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velarian View Post
I like some of the InControl features, but the Wi-fi hotspot seems useless to me since I just use my phone as one and I have unlimited data. Using that as a hotspot seems like a better solution than the Velar.
Well, when you have multiple devices or have other people in your vehicle, wifi might help. Also, last I checked data plans for cars are supposed to be between what's offered for phones and what's offered for residential use. That alone is a good reason. Pricing correlates with it as well.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Found this little bit of information but also read that prices will vary and it's best to check in with your local dealership.
Quote:
For $20 a month, when enabled by AT&T, Land Rover vehicles with InControl Wi-Fi™ will now have access to an unlimited prepaid data plan. Available across the country, the program makes it more convenient and affordable for Jaguar and Land Rover owners using the InControl platform to stay connected on-the-go.

This is how it works: When a data signal is available, users will have access to the latest infotainment services, such as Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities. This lets passengers connect up to eight devices to the service for fast access to the Web.
Land Rover?s New Unlimited Prepaid Data Plan
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 04:29 AM

They say they will add haptic feedback, wonder if it's through a software upgrade or only after a certain production date

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page