Ever Owned Another Range Rover? - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Ever Owned Another Range Rover?

I currently have a RR and I have been dealing with quite a few issues but I don't really mind.

I have seen many horror stories from RR owners so I'm a little skeptical but not too worried obviously because of warranty.

Have any of you owned Range Rovers before or have you heard good/bad things about them?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 12:06 PM

Never owned one before, but I've been reading up on their reliability and it's pretty average last year from what I can tell. Land Rover doesn’t need to worry about reliability scores because their cars have been selling for full sticker in spite of the complaints.

For those who are fearful of parts breaking down, there's extended warranty for that.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

I think it was mainly up until 2010 or so when they really had a lot of issues and it seems they've been diligent in ironing those errors out. Extended warranty is definitely something you could look out for but it does come at a hefty price, but can prove to be extremely worth it if you're keeping the vehicle for that extended time. For me, this time out I think I may be taking the lease route, so I'm not going to be opting for it.

Do you plan on getting the extended warranty?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 05:23 AM

The fact we're dealing with more Ford components should restore confidence in some of you. But at the same time it could do damage. While reports of Ecoboost engines have seemed good, apparently Ford tech's are saying something completely different.

Most importantly these components have had time to mature before being sent to RR, that has to say something.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

You're going to have to elaborate a bit more on that statement.

What are Ford techs saying that opposes the good reports of the Ecoboost engines?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page