Future RR models - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Future RR models

Range Rover has already hinted that they may be expanding outside of SUV's in the coming years. There have been rumors of newly trademarked Road Rover name, and some possible designs/renderings have already started to trail out. What do you guys think of a Range Rover estate car? I can see it being fairly popular in Europe.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:19 PM

I actually think the styling of the Velar lends itself really well to an estate model. I'm just not sure what the benefits will be of this as opposed to their SUV? Perhaps better fuel economy?
Old 09-18-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downrange View Post
I actually think the styling of the Velar lends itself really well to an estate model. I'm just not sure what the benefits will be of this as opposed to their SUV? Perhaps better fuel economy?
IMO now if JLR takes it serious they need to give this down segment product sleeker looking lighting systems.

Other brands that follow a similar path like Cadillac do exactly that and it worked well for them for decades.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Not only will an estate be more efficient, but it will also be a good bit more sporty and engaging to drive. As we are seeing a growing interest in performance based SUV's, sports wagons could very well serve as a great alternative.