1st Velar in Nebraska owners top 5 things he hates about the Velar - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

1st Velar in Nebraska owners top 5 things he hates about the Velar

First world problems, but...

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 03:39 PM

It's just small little things that may bother someone and may not bother others. Just something you live with and learn to adjust to, essentially nitpicking.

First world problem indeed if that's what you complain about with the Velar.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velarian View Post
It's just small little things that may bother someone and may not bother others. Just something you live with and learn to adjust to, essentially nitpicking.

First world problem indeed if that's what you complain about with the Velar.
agreed, but I have to say the small Fuel tank and radio thing would drive me nuts.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 10:56 PM

Just move on to the bigger Range Rover if thats the case. They made these for people that dont go as long distance ans mainly for those that live in the city. Just looking at all the marketing material reveals a lot of that end of RR.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Here are the The 7 things he likes in the Velar

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 12:58 PM

These "problems" seem to be just a whim of an experienced driver. For sure, some of them are really annoying (especially Radio thing), but it doesn't make the car any worse IMO. Probably we might see some software updates to get rid of those issues in the future.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 07:01 PM

Another video from this guy about his wrist key. Since I've never forgotten keys in the car when exiting it, this feature looks pretty stupid and useless for the price of $1200. What do you guys think?

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidrun View Post
Another video from this guy about his wrist key. Since I've never forgotten keys in the car when exiting it, this feature looks pretty stupid and useless for the price of $1200. What do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0SB6Pz9v4
The best way to look at tech like this is down the road when more aspects of our life has smart keys. Right now during a time that most people walk around with physical keys in their pocket it won't have that much of an effect.

With all this RFID technology we should expect to use our smartphones and similar tech to unlock our cars, home, office, etc.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 11:55 AM

I always attach a giant keychain to my key just to I remember to bring them everywhere and it has worked well so far. Really don't see the need for those wrist ones unless you're into watersports and don't want to bring your physical key in fear of damaging it.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velarian View Post
I always attach a giant keychain to my key just to I remember to bring them everywhere and it has worked well so far. Really don't see the need for those wrist ones unless you're into watersports and don't want to bring your physical key in fear of damaging it.
Well it does help for someone with an active lifestyle that has a lot going on such as kids, a mid-to-high level career, etc. Even with all those basic aspects of life something as simple as the activity key can go a long way. It means one less thing to reach for and balance with everything else we carry.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page