2018 Velar Love it Hate it - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

What do you like and dislike in the Velar?

Just somewhere for everyone to post about the odd thing that bugs them or a feature that makes you smile.
I'm, a huge fan of the steering wheel layout. While most steering wheels with buttons look crowded and frankly quite ugly, the velar looks clean with touch pad controls on either side.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 03:12 PM

I think the Velar is incredibly beautiful both inside and out, but its pricing could use some adjustment. I think RR transition towards the dual screen infotainment system is also a big step forward for the brand, and I expect that to become a staple across their lineup.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 01:50 PM

2018 Velar Love it Hate it

After owning my 2018 Velar R-Dynamic since Feb. 2018, I have finally entered the buy back phase. Multiple issues and multiple weeks tied up at the dealer for repairs, I am so disappointed in the lack of thought in this product launch by JLR. They totally failed at debugging their software leading to multiple issues with these LCD screens.

See my documented issues on my Youtube channel. I hope there are some of you who have owned your Velar trouble free. If you have been having issues, document it through video. It is the only way to prove to the dealer/manufacturer the issues are happening.

3 months ago

2 months ago

1 month ago after instrument cluster replacement

Last week

This week
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 11:44 AM

Sorry to hear that you've experienced so many issues with your Velar and I can certainly understand with a new vehicle when enough is enough. I'm assuming that you plan on getting rid of it. Any idea of what vehicle you'd be interested in replacing it with?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downrange View Post
Sorry to hear that you've experienced so many issues with your Velar and I can certainly understand with a new vehicle when enough is enough. I'm assuming that you plan on getting rid of it. Any idea of what vehicle you'd be interested in replacing it with?
That's now always required. Sometimes the much needed changes are made in the following model years. But the biggest problem is you never find out about them till the new M.Y. releases.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 08:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by audemar4play View Post
That's now always required. Sometimes the much needed changes are made in the following model years. But the biggest problem is you never find out about them till the new M.Y. releases.
I had very similar issues with my Fpace ICTP. Haven't had similar issues with the Velar, although the systems are apparently identical. Maybe an upgrade to the latest firmware will fix it. Good luck.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 05:41 PM

The latest update (Phase 4) worked a treat. Loving Apple car play too on the Velar screen!
Hope RR keeps things up date as the phone software updates with time and connection remains stable.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 11:20 AM

Good idea for you to document all of these experiences, so you have proof they aren't just isolated incidents. Seems like there are a good number of comments from owners who are running into the exact same problems.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
Good idea for you to document all of these experiences, so you have proof they aren't just isolated incidents. Seems like there are a good number of comments from owners who are running into the exact same problems.
even if its just enough for the dealer to see a pattern then it helps everyone, sometimes its just a matter of gathering more information

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page