Early brake replacement - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Early brake replacement

Hey Guys and gals, Brought my 2018 velar diesel in for its first service at 11k miles. I was told the rear brake pads were down to 3 and 4 (L/R). Fronts at 8. I told service Advisor this cannot be etc. he asked if I drove to the city and I said sometimes, he replied "oh that's why". I declined to to replace my brakes($950). I took my car to an independent mechanic an was shown that only one brake pad on each side( L/R) was worn and was not properly installed from factory. called service and no call back. called landcover and they said they do not get involved with this, call your service advisor. Has anyone else had this problem with their brakes? Thanks
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 12:35 AM

Garage
I just bought a CPO 2018 and have had brake issues with an intermittent loud squeal from the left front pads. Dealer tells me it is normal, ceramic/carbon brake issue. My pads are original and still at 8 with 18k on the odometer. Dealer says the Velar pads are lasting longer than most Land Rovers. Rear wearing faster than the front is an issue that go against the laws of physics. I would find another dealer.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks jet, That's how pads should be. I had the independent replace them

Last edited by Patrick; 02-05-2020 at 11:44 AM.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2020, 06:08 PM

I have a 2018 velar P250 R-Dynamic SE and I had a similar issue with brakes that would squeal when I got down to 5-15 mph. Dealer told me the same regarding ceramic/carbon brake issue. Brought it in for an oil change service recently and asked them to check the brakes. At 38500 miles, LR/RR both at 5 and LF/RF were 7. At 5, they are recommending replacement. $400 to replace both rear pads.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page