Wonky Electronics and Sputtering Engine - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Angry Wonky Electronics and Sputtering Engine

I can't believe I spent what I did on a "luxury" Velar and got a car that came with so many problems.

Wonky Electronics - Things just don't always work. Sometimes the center console display works, sometimes not. Sometimes the dash display works and sometimes not. Sometimes it works with my phone and sometimes not. Absolutely bizarre. Never had a car perform so poorly with the electronics.

Sputtering engine - Had a low fuel tank (in the red <1/8 tank) and the car engine started sputtering - had no pickup - would not shift gears. As soon as I put more fuel in it, it was fine. The car is 1 year old with only 8000 miles on it. I assumed it was a problem with the fuel so I got a fuel treatment to add on the next fill up. Seemed fine until the next time the fuel was below 1/8 tank and it happened all over again. I only use premium fuel. I have never had a vehicle that acted this way unless it was actually OUT OF FUEL.

Unbelievable "Luxury"

Dealership didn't do squat to fix it and started talking about a buy-back. Really!? So they want to rip me off even more?! Unreal.
Will NEVER buy ANYTHING from Land Rover or Jaguar again.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

I should also mention that upon delivery there were errors being reported by the AEB (auto emergency braking) system that required a new WINDSHIELD to be installed properly so as not to block the camera. What a joke!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page