Inside Cabin Temperature Too Hot - Range Rover Velar Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By KKT-Velar

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Inside Cabin Temperature Too Hot

Yesterday I experienced some weird things going on with my climate control system. The outside temperature was 43 degree Fahrenheit, and my inside climate control system was set to 68. I don't have separate climate controls for the rear but the vents were blasting out hot air in the rear and cooler air up front. The only way to get cool air in the back was to turn on the AC and lower my climate control temperature to 62 degrees. As soon as I turn it up to 66 hot air was flowing once again in the rear.

I am also not thrilled with the air vents up front. They either blow air in your face or on my chest if I lower the vents. There is also no way to raise the vents to blow higher. Not impressed!

Is anyone else experiencing this? If not, perhaps another trip to the dealer may be required for service.

Cheers! 👍
KKT-Velar
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 01:50 PM

I know this and/or similar issues with the AC/HVAC has happened with other Range Rover/Land Rover products. Initially you should check with the dealer for a possible Technical Service Bulletin (TSB)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you for your reply audemar4play. Interestingly enough this didn't happen tonight when I took the car out. It's a crap shoot with this car as things act up with no rhyme or reason at times and when you shut down the car and restart it later, it seems things go back to normal operating conditions. Go figure. If it does happen again I will make an appointment at my dealer to have it checked out. Thanks again.
audemar4play likes this.

Cheers! 👍
KKT-Velar
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKT-Velar View Post
Thank you for your reply audemar4play. Interestingly enough this didn't happen tonight when I took the car out. It's a crap shoot with this car as things act up with no rhyme or reason at times and when you shut down the car and restart it later, it seems things go back to normal operating conditions. Go figure. If it does happen again I will make an appointment at my dealer to have it checked out. Thanks again.
If you're lucky, sometimes dealers are willing to keep the vehicle for a few days to hopefully replicate the issue themselves. Persuading them to do that might be an option.
Or of course you can find ways to reproduce the issue yourself, most folks I know don't go to the dealer unless they can reproduce it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:28 AM

I have a 2020 and am having this same issue. Hot air in the rear when the a/c is working normally in the front. I tried turning the auto function on and off but no help. Also, sometimes the ac buttons on the bottom half of the lower screen (where the recycle and blower buttons are) are grayed out and not functional. sometimes the entire climate screen goes out. Anyone know if there is a fix for this?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 01:02 AM

Same here on my 2020. Learned you must keep it on Auto. Show the climate screen to have the ability to have two temperature controls, and the right side will control the rear temp (use the front vent limiters to adjust if too cold for the passenger). You can also turn off the rear blower buy choosing the individual sections from the front diagram. It would be nice if it worked as it should, or even better, if there was a front and rear button on the screen. So far, this is the only major issue I have had (And yes, the climate screen goes out once in a while, but not really a problem since there are dials).

Last edited by Robert443; 09-16-2019 at 01:05 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page