Test the Drove the Supercharged Velar
I finally got to drive the new Velar full spec Supercharger model
My initial thoughts vs my Current BMW I am replacing
1) The car is stunning in and out
2) Ride comfort better than my X4
3) The Super charged engine didnít feel as fast as the numbers, expected more, left underwhelmed no excitement for me.
4) Even though itís sporty than most Range Rover, handling not as tight as my X4 with sports suspension a bit floaty.
5) Rear sitting is tighter than my X4, I didnít understand why they did this yet the trunk is massive. Itís claustrophobic too in the rear, think itís the black headliner and small windows.
6) Front cabin not as spacious as photos and videos suggest, am 6í3, the front console restricted my leg movement and leg rest position.
7) The new infortaiment looks sleek, on the go use is a pain, it will take time to master where is what. Idrive so much better.
8) Material quality slightly better than my X4 not by the margin I was expecting, still some cheap hard plastics in the car.
9) Alcantara steering wheel is not for me, felts like my hands were on a towel, not my thing.
10) Car is very quiet, you cannot hear the exhaust, shame with such an engine.
11) Most disappointing thing were the seats. I just donít get it, these were the top spec seats with massage, heat and ventilation and felt hard like bricks, they were uncomfortable.(Maybe Massage system the issue, I donít know)
In all I think I came with very high expectations, but itís still an amazing Vehicle, but the premium over other luxury cars in its class is steep.
Will I buy it? Depends how my test of the X3M40i goes, but would take it over the Macan handling aside.