(U.S. Spec) Range Rover Velar Brochure - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

(U.S. Spec) Range Rover Velar Brochure

Although print versions of the Velar Brochure are better I was able to find the 80-page PDF version. Range Rover made it very extensive but very details. Odds are after going through this brochure your next step will be walking into a Range Rover dealer

Download Range Rover Velar Brochure PDF - U.S. Spec

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 07:00 PM

This feature of the Velar is new to me, so far I've only seen this type of air suspension in the ram rebel pickup truck and not in an SUV.

Automatic Access Height is part of the Electronic air suspension:
Quote:
When you arrive at your chosen destination and
auto access height initially lowers the vehicle suspension height by up to 10mm lower
than normal height. Then, as you open the door, it drops to its full access height of 40mm
lower than normal, making exit – and entry – more relaxed and elegant. The ride height
automatically returns to its normal height as you pull away.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 12:51 PM

Jeeps have something similar to that in their QuadraLift system equipped on certain Grand Cherokee trim levels I believe but it won't automatically do it. You can push the button though and it'll drop down to the lowest point of having 6 inches ground clearance or something of the sort.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velarian View Post
This feature of the Velar is new to me, so far I've only seen this type of air suspension in the ram rebel pickup truck and not in an SUV.

Automatic Access Height is part of the Electronic air suspension:
If it interest you that much then check one out in person. The tech has been around long enough to make these common. While you're at it do some snooping around for Velar info

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 02:27 PM

You can definitely see in that video though that the RR system does perform a lot faster than the Rams and the Jeeps. It also all goes down front and back together where as the Rams and Jeeps will drop the back first, then the front.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 01:40 PM

Their systems are very slow. I have seen youtube videos of them and you could take a coffee break from when it's at maximum height and going all the way down to entry-exit level. It's that bad and I heard they're a lot more prone to breaking down (suspension) than RRs are.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page