Range Rover Velar Receives Perfect NCAP Score - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Range Rover Velar Receives Perfect NCAP Score

No car is exempt from the Euro NCAP crash test and the Range Rover Velar is no different, but not every vehicle receives a perfect 5 star safety rating like it did.

Put through a battery of tests, the Velar managed to score an impressive 93 percent for Adult Occupant protection, 85 percent for Child Occupant protect, 74 percent for Pedestrian protection, and 72 percent for Safety Assist. Those are competitive numbers in a segment where most tested vehicles consistently performs well in impact testing.

Perhaps the overall score can be partially attributed to its standard fitment of the autonomous emergency braking system, pedestrian detection, driver-set speed limiter and lane-departure warning system. It also helps to provide pedestrians with good protection to their legs and head in case of a frontal crash.

Though the Velar did score a 5 star rating, there are areas where Land Rover can improve on. The torso protection for rear passengers in a full frontal crash could be improved as that area was rated as marginal after analyzing rib compression readings. Other than that, most areas received a ‘good’ or ‘adequate’ rating.

Altogether not bad considering the Velar’s pricing which starts at £44,830 in the UK and $49,900 in the United States.

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 11:49 PM

Although this isn't relevant to the regulations where I live, what I see here is good enough for me. JLR vehicles have always been safe enough for me, plus most situations you can find yourself in can be prevented.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 11:00 AM

With how far in the front crumpled in that picture, I would expect to see more cabin intrusion but that doesn't seem to be the case. That means the velar was designed to absorb as much of the impact as possible without affecting passenger safety.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page