New Infotainment Controls - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

New Infotainment Controls

This video actually shows how the infotainment functions in the Range Rover Velar. Smart phone control looks pretty spot on, but the transitions on the screens are so smooth which is what I love. For those that didn't know, yes the upper-most infotainment screen does slide forward.

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 07:02 PM

The driving display that you can customize to a certain extent is a great feature, mostly because of the optional map display. Wish it would cover the whole screen instead of just the right side.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 12:50 PM

Covering the whole screen wouldn't really work out though because at that point you would lose the speedometer wouldn't you? That's something crucial I would always want displayed on the dash and would rather it clearly laid out opposed to being obstructed by other features.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Not really, you can add a smaller speedometer image in the side over top of the map or something. Things like the tach and all of that aren't necessary to be on there. They can put something for a speedo easily with a full screen map
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 03:46 PM

That's true. I guess they have to figure out some way to have it included there because it probably wouldn't pass regulation if no speedo was present. Could be a little distracting though.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 03:50 PM

They should start making the upper part of our steering wheels digital since that would help in providing some information in a similar fashion. See it like an extension of the infotainment system. Much better for safety too.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 11:54 AM

The most I could ever see becoming part of the steering wheel would be a tach, but even at that, on a product like a Velar, I think it would be an odd one. Unless it was an SVR perhaps but nothing below that.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 01:00 PM

I think that any vital numbers like MPG, fuel capacity, RPM, gearing and so on should be on a display like that and even some stereo controls. Doing that keeps our eyes on the road far more than it being on the dash and infotainment screen.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

How would you place all of that info on a steering wheel?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 04:31 AM

All reviews say it will take getting used to, remember when idrive first came out

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page