Ellie Goulding in the Range Rover Velar - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Ellie Goulding in the Range Rover Velar

Ellie Goulding, for those who don't know, is a pop star. Why do I know this, I have nieces haha. Only song I really know is "Love me like you do" only because it's ridiculously annoying but sticks in your head.

Anyhow... she got to be the first person to drive the Velar other than Land Rover which is pretty cool. With a starting price of around $50k and with a lot of her following including people that are in their late 20s, she's quite influential for their market I think.

Sadly, she doesn't really comment on it through the mini-interview thing. But there is a nice tid bit starting from 5:30

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:29 AM

Odd that they were showing the Europe spec Velar in New York instead of the U.S. spec one. Does that mean the ones sold in the States will look different?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

I doubt they would look much different, maybe just a difference in headlight designs but I doubt it. They may have features like a rear fog light but that'll all be electronic integration that we could also potentially get as I've seen Benz and Saabs with the third brake light button still functional.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 12:10 PM

From what I can see in the comments, not a lot of people are a fan of this marketing scheme even if they like the Velar itself and I can see why someone would be turned away. Range Rover is somewhat of a high end brand and their primary market isn't one to care for pop stars touting the car.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

A movie star would have done a lot better in this scenario as it would appeal to older and younger individuals. Get someone like Jason Statham up there and it would have been a better turnout I think .

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page