New Ingenium Range Rover Engines - Range Rover Velar Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

New Ingenium Range Rover Engines

Range Rover has introduced a new selection of Ingenium engines for the 2018 Evoque and Discovery Sport. No mention of the Velar BUT it is a possibility to make it in there with time that passes I would think. Two of which are petrol engines and one is a diesel engine option.

1) Si4 240 - petrol powered turbocharged 4 cylinder that produces 237hp and 250lb-ft of torque
2) Si4 290 - petrol powered that delivers 286hp and 295lb-ft of torque
3) SD4 - Updated twin-scroll diesel engine that produces 237hp

Unfortunately, that's all the information I have the moment, but I will update this as more comes out

Looking at the engine options that we have currently with the Velar, which engine would you like to see make it to the Velar?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 05:44 PM

Not entirely new engines. Look at where they are getting these engines and soon you'll discover Ford had a part in it.

SD4 is what i'm interested in and lucky for me that 2.0-Liter engine had time to prove itself in the Ford Edge. Which engine are you planning to get?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

The Si4 290 looks to be the ticket for me but for some reason nothing was said about turbo. Considering it's sharing the same coding of Si4 though, I would presume it's a turbo engine and that would be it. If it isn't however, I'd be more inclined to go with the Si4 240 as the lack of power can easily be made back up with tuning changes.

I know this isn't a racecar or anything but I want to have sufficient power for when I need it in those situations.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
The Si4 290 looks to be the ticket for me but for some reason nothing was said about turbo. Considering it's sharing the same coding of Si4 though, I would presume it's a turbo engine and that would be it. If it isn't however, I'd be more inclined to go with the Si4 240 as the lack of power can easily be made back up with tuning changes.

I know this isn't a racecar or anything but I want to have sufficient power for when I need it in those situations.
Good point, I know what you mean.

Car makers are bound to certain thresholds of power, these are made for the masses after all and to fit whatever was decided in a boardroom. Its really up to us to get the best out of it or wait for a trim that gives what we want. Any tuning brands you're going to look out for?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

I would be looking towards the likes of Hamann, ETG, and Renntech for solutions in the tuning area. They've provided solutions for prior Range Rovers and I'm sure they'll be providing for the Velar as well. They're also highly regarded companies so I trust them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page